First Impressions: Glossier

When I think of Glossier I think of clean, sheer, natural beauty. I have read many reviews about the products. I finally caved and ordered a few products. I wanted to try a range of the products they offered. So I tried skin care and a few make up products. 


Skin Care 

The first item I purchased was the Super Pure Niacinamide + Zinc Serum this is a 1 ounce bottle and has a dropper for easy product distribution. 


Glossier states: "A daily vitamin and mineral duo of 5% Niacinamide and Zinc PCA that nourishes skin, for visibly smoother texture and improved clarity."

The website states it is non greasy, which I completely agree with. It is a very light serum and doesn't leave any residual residue on my skin. 

Price: $28.00

Glossier Super Pure


The next product I ordered was the Bubblewrap Eye + Lip Plumping Cream. The size that is came in was 0.74 fluid ounces. 


Glossier states: "A silky eye + lip cream that hydrates your face’s two most delicate areas."

WHY IT'S SPECIAL:

  • Bubblewrap makes eyes and lips look fresher, smoother, and more hydrated, immediately and over time
  • Made with a combination of natural hydrators such as Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, and Avocado Oil, plus antioxidant-rich Blueberry Extract

The minute I saw that this product contained Squalane in it I hit add to bag. One of my favorite facial creams is the Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream. I absolutely love the way that it makes my skin feel. So my expectations for this products are high. I absolutely love the packaging. I highly dislike putting my fingers in my facial creams and eye creams and always make sure my hands are clean before I do. This packaging component solves that problem. It distributes a good amount enough to do both eyes and use the left over for the lips. Even after a few hours my under eyes remain highly moisturized. As well, my lips remain nice and supple. 

Price: $26.00


Make Up

The highly coveted Cloud Paint in Dusk was the next item I ordered. Product size is 0.33 fluid ounces. I chose dusk because it was peachy and neutral. In person the shade is more bronze than peach, with a neutral undertone. I prefer the shade it is in person, as it warms up your skin like a bronzer but with the blush flush of peach. I agree with the statement that is on the packaging "Seemless Cheek Color" this product is so seemless I easily applied it with zero makeup on and it still looked beautiful. I highly recommend this shade. 

Swatch:

Price: $18.00


















I am a stickler for brow products. I have found items I love and use daily. But, I have always been intrigued by the Brow Flick, so I had to order it. After trying it I will say, I think it easily edged out some of my benefit products. Not only do the strokes produced by the brush easily appear hair like, the color is perfection. I chose brown and it is the perfect brown, with zero red undertones. 



Size: 0.01 fluid ounces

Price: $18.00 alone or in Duo with Boy Brow $34.00 currently on sale for $30.00


In the duo I also got Boy Brow after applying this in conjunction with the Brow Flick. It is the finishing product that your brows needs. I actually prefer this to my beloved Gimme Brow from Benefit, and I have been a fanatic since it came out, I was even sent it by benefit before it came out, that is how long I have loved it. What separates this from the Gimme Brow is the pigmentation and the tone of the shade. It takes minimal effort after the brow flick to set your brows. It is safe to say I will be using this duo for the foreseeable future. 

Size: 0.11 ounces

Price: $16.00 if purchased separately 


Packaging
One final note, Glossier's packaging has to be one of my favorite I have ever encountered. I love that the bag is lined with bubble wrap. This ensures the products have support during the shipping and handling process. 

All in all I am very happy with my purchases from Glossier and look forward to trying additional products. 








Comments

Popular Posts