You will need:
- Picture Frame- The nicer the better, since you want it to be aesthetically pleasing. Mine I got at Kmart, it was originally $27 but was on sale for $17.98 plus I had 4 dollars in rewards. So I got it for slightly over $14!
- Cork Board- You can find this at any Art Supply, Michael's & Walmart also carries it.
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Fabric of your choosing
- Drawer Knobs & Screws (they usually come together) I got mine at Home Depot. You can use all the same knobs but I wanted to use more decorative knobs.
- Remove the glass from the picture frame.
- Measure and cut your cork board
- Measure and cut your fabric, leaving enough excess fabric to hot glue to the back of the cork board.
- Hot glue the fabric to the back a let cool for a few seconds.
- Hot glue the back of the picture frame (if removable) to the back of the cork board.
- Flip back to the front and measure and mark where you would like your knobs to be lined up. I chose to go for a 3 on top 2 on bottom setup so my necklaces have less chance to get tangled and my longer necklace can be placed on the outside if need be.
- Screw in the knobs, making sure to go through both the back of the picture frame and the back of the cork board for durability.
- Repeat with all 5 (or however many knobs you choose to use)
- Place covered fabric and backing back into picture frame and close with the tabs that come attached to the picture frame.
- Hang and display your most fab necklaces!!
There you have it my DIY for a necklace holder. I also am making on for my oldest daughter. Let me know if you would like to see that.
I can always make a video for you all on my YouTube Channel if you would like. Let me know!=D